Sunday, July 1, 2007

Another House Mouse....and I've been tagged!


I'm on a House Mouse kick! I love these guys! I made this card for our friend's son who just turned 12! His b-day is July 1. I thought a patriotic card would be appropriate! I used my Prismas and Gamsol. I used the Souffle pens to give the stars some dimension. I stamped the Pledge of Allegiance on the brown cardstock in Chocolate Chip. I distressed everything. For the sentiment I used Karen Foster's snap stamps. I sewed everything using a zig zag stitch. Last but not least I tied the brown ribbon right through the red button!
I am going to see my new niece today...will post pics tomorrow!
I've also been tagged! I am supposed to list 7 things about myself that you may not know....
1. I sang in my high school's show choir....( I actually have pictures of me wearing a satin green dress with a sash....soooooo 80's!)
2. I had "big" permed hair in high school.
3. I played the clarinet and organ.
4. I graduated college and got married in the same month......14 years ago!
5. I HAVE to have vanilla creamer in my coffee!
6. I can NOT watch gory movies...they give me terrible nightmares!
7. I hate ironing....my husband does his own!

20 comments:

Tracy.H said...

This card is just too cute! Love it! :0)

Mrs. Nancy G said...

I so like this card. Cute!
:-)

Sharon said...

Great card! I'm anxious to see the baby pictures and especially how you will scrap them.

emilia in Taiwan said...

Oh, you really did amazing job in coloring, check out the the tails !!
LOL! I hate ironing too! But I like my coffee black :)

Melissa said...

Oh my! I love this! My birthday is the 4th of July so this is perfect!

Anonymous said...

Awwww! Too adorable. I'm a vanilla cream fan also. But coffee keeps me VERY regular, so not to much for me. LOL!

Teri said...

I love House Mouse! Great card! You have a great blog. Thanks for visiting my blog too!

Stampernmore said...

this is just perfect, I love it!

Mimi Hornberger said...

OMG. This is darling! TFS!

Corie said...

What a fantasic card. Great for a boy -- love it

Jennifer said...

LOVE the card - simply precious!

Looks like we have a few things in common - I had big permed hair; played the clarinet and piano - though I did play some organ too - even won a prize in a little talent contest once!; Gotta have the creamer - french vanilla and LOATHE ironing. I will iron for hubby - but it's rare he needs anything ironed, thankfully!

mum-on-the-run said...

WOW! Stunning card!

sophia landry said...

Awsome, I just love how you presented this House of Mouse! It is so adorable with that large ribbon and the stitching around. Great, great job.

Marlou McAlees said...

Great card, cute stamp!!

Rose Ann said...

This has to be the most adorable patriotic card I've seen! I love it!!

Erica Payne said...

I'm lovin' these little guys. I don't have any, but I might have to get a couple. What a great card!

Liz said...

Great paper lov ethe project..You are a real inspiration

Karen Lindsay said...

I have always loved this stamp and you used it to create a wonderful card. It's great!

Karen

Anonymous said...

OH>>>>just LOVE this!! Awesome take on the 4th! :)

Shabbychick Junk said...

WE LOVE IT WHEN YOU STAMP WITH HOUSE MOUSE, GIRL! YOU ROCK THEM! BEAUTIFUL!