Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Getting some Scrappin done!

Well, did everyone survive the craziness of the last few days? I have to tell ya, I am somewhat relieved it is over! Today, I have done tons of clean up, laundry, and lots of catch up. We have lots of step-parents, so Christmas is a 5 day celebration. As fun as it all is, it is exhausting! Anyway, I finally scrapped LAST YEAR's pictures.....yes, I know, pretty pathetic! Notice the cute little "snow globe?" Kyle drew this in 4th grade. They were asked to draw their favorite part of Christmas. He chose going downtown, Chicago. Notice the little wheelchair? Isn't it cute? I HAD to include this in this layout of the 2 kids. I kept the LO pretty basic. I cut the title with my Cricut. Added some red Doodlebug strips. I also used Heidi Swapp's journaling tags. And that's it! My new motto is keep it simple stupid! (Where is that expression from? Anyone know? )
I have been playing with My Adobe Photoshop. I took this picture of my cute nephew Alex. He got this tricycle for Christmas. I layered the 2 photos (black and white, and color) and then erased the parts I wanted red. I can't wait to print this and scrap it!

I am so behind on scrappin, so I am going to try to do more LO's and less cards! Am I the only nut who feels pressured to create things JUST for the blog? I know that I sound totally goofy, but I do feel I scrap less, because I want to post often, and it just isn't possible when you are scrapping, cuz it takes longer for most of my layouts. Crazy eh?

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

14 comments:

Libby Hickson said...

That snow globe is the cutest!! And very cool job with Photoshop - I need to learn how to use mine like that! I know exactly what you mean about the card making vs scrapbooking - although I wind up doing neither! If you think just doing last year's photos is bad - my son turns two tomorrow and I haven't even started his scrapbook. So I have a goal to do more scrapping in the coming months as well! Take care, glad you had a nice Christmas!

michelle sturgeon said...

What a great LO...I LOVE the globe!

Velta said...

This photo of your nephew is precious...can you tell me where you bought your Adobe Photoshop? Love your site...and your work :)

Donna Baker said...

great page & I love the tricycle, you're talented!!

Sharon said...

This page is so cute! The picture of Alex is awesome. You'll have to show me how you did that. Let's get together over the break and scrap.

Lauren said...

I think of my blogging as an form of motivation I use to keep creating! Your layouts are so great. Do what you can when you can! No pressure. We are always lurking - hehe.

Unknown said...

Great page! I love the picture of your nephew too - so great!! :)

Neva said...

Great scarppin page and I love the picture. Nothing beats a radio flyer anytime of the year. He looks really happy sitting there. How did you get him in B&W and the tricyle in color? great job. Thanks for visiiting my blog and I will be peeking in from time to time.

Very Mary said...

How about scrapping, but then using the stuff leftover from your LOs to make some "quick & dirty" cards! Might be challenging:)

Unknown said...

cute LO.
We're still recovering and living in Xmas filth. lol

Dawn Wheeler said...

Fabulous layout ,great how you mixed the colours ,
wishing you and your family a realy happy new year ,Dawnx

Rose Ann said...

Another great page...and I love that snow globe!! I love what you did with that photo of your nephew too!

Erica Payne said...

I felt guilty for not keeping up with the boys' scrapbooks, which is really more important than making things for the blog everyday. So you caught me, catching up. I got 4 more layouts done today! I love your layout. I love adding the kids artwork to the pages. It makes them so personal. Keep on scrappin'. I'll post another tomorrow! Check back.

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Awesome LO...thay radio flyer is the best!!!