Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Scrap Your Crap.....Bling!

Many of you who visit regularly know that I posted this picture of Cortney a couple of weeks ago. It was taken the day of her birthday party. I love this picture so much that I HAD to scrap it right away! Simone and Greta had a challenge last week over at Scrap Your Crap to use bling! Well....that is right up my alley! Initially, I was trying to use my Cricut to cut a Cinderella. After 2 hours of trying, throwing away, starting over and being thoroughly disgusted with how she turned out....I threw Cinderella away. : ( I just bought SU! star punches a couple of weeks ago and decided to use those. I used glitter paper, rhinestones, and a piece of vintage lace. I wanted to keep the LO simple so that the picture took center stage. After my Cinderella disaster, I was pretty happy with the results!

Simone and Greta's challenge this week is to use foam stamps! Remember those? HAD to buy every one made! So I am hoping to participate in this challenge!

Oh yea, my tooth you ask? I need a crown. UGH! She "patched" it today and is sending a preestimate to my insurance company. Not to happy about it.....

Happy HUMP day!

11 comments:

liz mataraza said...

cute lo! that cake...did you make it? it's awesome!

hope your tooth is ok (and that it won't cost too much!)

Crafty Connie said...

Ooooooo, that layout is so nice. What a super picture of Cortney and her Dad and her princess cake.
For sure let's meet this summer and do lunch. Perhaps at the grand opening of Carol's store. That way we can meet, shop and then go do lunch.

Alex said...

what a cute layout Michele! Love it - and the starts look wonderful!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

As Randy from American Idol would say, that page is hot, baby, hot! I love the hot pinks and black with all the da bling. I've been thinking I need those star punches, too. They're a crafting staple, right? ;)

Micayla said...

I love the layout, so cute! God foam stamps, I may have to get mine out and have a play!

Elaine said...

Perfect lo; the picture is the star of the page!! Great bling embellishments!

Unknown said...

Looks perfect without the cinderella, love all the bling!

Deb Wood said...

What a fabulous picture and page, Courtney is just glowing!! Love the bling too!

Very Mary said...

Hey, hey! I, too, have a cracked tooth and need to have a crown. after that pesky root canal. ugh.

Mrs. Nancy G said...

LOVE IT!!! What an awesome scrap page. The photo is awesome too!!!

:-)

Tracy.H said...

Beautiful!! I just love her smile! :0)