Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Lil' Bit of Spring....

My mood this week has been really bad.......my van is going to the shop tomorrow for further repairs, Cortney got her genetic test results. They showed nothing. I know that should be a good thing, but I've waited for a diagnosis for almost 14 years! And nada, nothing. So I guess my girl will continue to be a mystery. A tough pill to swallow sometimes. On top of that, I have a co-worker at my job, making life difficult for me......and I simply feel like I need to rewind my life back to the glorious weekend I left behind. Since I can't do that, I am going to go in my craft room and play. Get lost in my papers, embellishments, and photos. That is truly my happy place. And boy, could I use a bit of happy right now! So here is a happy card!



I have a collection of the High Hopes stamps and really do love these sweet images. They are such fun to color! I used Copics and some glitter for the flowers. For the life of me, I can't remember who the paper is by.....It was in a large 12 x 12 pad I had in a drawer. (yea, like THAT helps you! LOL) I added dew drops to the centers of the buttons for an interesting look.

Off to my happy place upstairs......tomorrow is a new day. Let's hope it is a better one...... : )


18 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Just gorgeous Michele...love the layout and colors!

Jocelyn said...

So sorry that you having a tough week!!!! Sometimes life keeps throwing things at us and we just keeping rolling with them, but man it can really start to bother you after awhile!!! I love the card. All the details, the wonderful colors, so let me tell you, it made me happy to see it!!!! Wishing you a Terrific Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Michelle your card is `beautiful`...
Lets hope today is the start of a better week for you:)
You take Care ...lots of love:)~~
Have fun in your craft room!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!! I sure hope today will be a great day for you.

Cheryl said...

Beautiful,love the DP and colours!!!

Marja Sch said...

What a wonderful card your colours are fabulous.

Tracey said...

An adorable card Michele! Love the fun colours!

Unknown said...

What a fabulous card! You managed to make a really cheery creation despite your troubles. Lol Lynn ♥

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're having a rough time this week. Just remember (in Spanish) "no hay mal que dure 100 aƱos." Your card is quite cheerful and your blending is fantastic. Looks like watercoloring. Sending you big hugs.

Rose Ann said...

I'm sorry about your rough week, Michele. (((Hugs)))

Your card is gorgeous, sweet, and beautifully colored!! LOVE it!!

Stamp and Smile said...

LOVE your sweet card! Fun colors, embellies and great layout. You’re COLORING ROCKS!!! :)

Hope your week is going better... The past 2 weeks for me have been stressors... I tell myself... I need more stamping therapy! LOL! Lots of {{{HUGS}}}

Unknown said...

Hi Michele :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Your creations are gorgeous!!!
I hope your week gets better.

Chrissy D said...

I never cared for orange much before - but the past few weeks, I have been on an ORANGE KICK! I am LOVING these bright and joyful colors. Your card is PERFECT!

Kathy Jones said...

Hope things are improving for you! I love this card - so fun and happy with it's bright colours, gorgeous image with beautiful colouring and love how you did the buttons with the dew drops!!!

Marisa said...

Oh my, such wonderful spring colors. Just waiting for weather to change and Spring is here soon.

Take care,

Marisa

Michelle said...

That's gorgeous. I hope your next week is much better!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

You know. I've been thinking of you and I hope things are better by now.

Your creations always make me smile. Very beautiful and inspiring!

Hugs,
~nance

Anonymous said...

Hope you are doing better.
MJ