Friday, December 31, 2010

Altered Printer's Tray!

Happy New Year's Eve to you! It is hard to believe that 2010 is just about over. It must be a sign that I am getting older, because the years, months, weeks.....just seem to fly by!

I bought this printer's tray at Archivers ages ago and finally got around to altering it. I used lots of Cosmo Cricket, Circa 1934 paper as well as Theresa Collins Gratitude line. I used a few miscellaneous pieces I had as well as a flower I created using Provo Craft's quilling kit. I love these colors together because my living room is a golden yellow and my kitchen, that opens up from the living room, is a cranberry red. I plan on placing this on my fireplace mantel. They are all of my favorite pictures from this past year. My lil' family. Love them....and am so very grateful for them.
I love being able to add dimension to my projects! : )
Here are a few close ups......first off is my beautiful girl........
And my handsome dude......
And of course my lil' fur baby, Skippers, has to be included too!
Brian and I celebrating 17 years of marriage together!
My two guys together.......
All of us......taken on our mini vacation to French Lick, Indiana.
So what is everyone doing for New Year's? I am just staying home with the hubby and kids. We usually do game night, cook up some steak and lobster, drink a bit of bubbly and then watch the countdown on TV. The days of partying are long behind me, I am content to stay home and snuggle up on the couch.
What are your plans for the New Year's Eve celebration? Whatever you do, be safe, and have a Happy New YEAR!

24 comments:

Marcy said...

Your printer's tray is so striking, Michele! I love the touches of red with the black & white photos.

We're celebrating New Year's with some other families - visiting, snacking, playing games, relaxing.

Wishing you & your family a wonderful New Year!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Michelle, you did a fabulous job on this -- love the color scheme and family photos.
Hope you all have a wonderful new year!

Renkata said...

What an amazing project and such a romantic idea for a gift!
Have a fantastic New Year!

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

This is beautiful! I love it!
Staying in-until it's time for the watchnight service at church at 11:30. What a way to send out the old and bring in the new year-in God's house!

Margie Higuchi said...

I love this, Michele!! I also have one (if I can find it)...hmmm...thinkin' I need to work on mine! LOL!!

Have a wonderful new year, my friend! Maybe we can carve out some time to get together! xo

Deanna said...

Gasp... stunning!

Allison Rankin said...

Super fab! I love the color mix here with the black and white photos!

Anonymous said...

Hold on...picking up my mouth from the floor!! WOW!! This is sooooo gorgeous and beautiful!! I would love to have something like this hanging around the house! So stunning and what a beautiful keepsake!! TFS!! Best wishes to you and your family for a wonderful New Year!!HUGS

Sharon said...

Love it Michele! You did a great job. Have a fun night.

jramsdell said...

WOW! What else can I say? Love it. We will be staying home, just had one blizzard Thursday and one the way today. I guess I'll do some scrapbooking to.

JennyKozar said...

This is fantastic Michele. Just love it!

Lorraine said...

Wow, how gorgeous is that! And so special. Our New Year's Eve is quiet this year. We had planned to play fireworks, but we're still pooped from the holiday festivities so we decided to stay home, have pizza & chicken wings and watch some DVDs, lol. Tomorrow, New Year's we have two family parties to go to. Happy New Year! Wishing you & yours the best year yet!

Alice said...

fabulous project! love all the pretty details! thanks for sharing! Happy New Year to you and yours! =)

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! I just love all the intricate details and the colors! Beautiful work!

CreativeMish said...

Wow! what an amazing piece of art. I love it.

Sally Cicada Designs said...

Wow Michele this is absolutely amazing--looks like something from a magazine!! The colours are awesome and all your little design elements are perfect!! What a great way to display a rich life for others to see!!
So glad I found your blog, now to go exploring through your other posts!!! :o)
Happy New Year--may great peace, prosperity, health & happiness be yours in 2011!
Sarah :o)

Debra said...

Love your tray, that's quite an accomplishment.. I also have one that I bought last summer and still haven't done anything with! I like the colors you used though..
We celebrated New Years quietly, watched tv and movies and had snacks .. it was a great time tho! Happy New Year to you and your family!

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Happy New Year!!
It seems like forever since I've been able to hop around and leave some love. What a year! I certainly hope that you have a blessed year and keep up the FABULOUS projects and inspiration.

1CardCreator said...

I love your photos, looks beautiful with all that dimension. Happy New year! ~Diane

Rose Ann said...

This is absolutely AMAZING, Michele!! Such perfect details with so much thought and love built in. Such a keepsake!!

Happy New Year to you and your family!!

The Crafts House said...

really like this printers tray..black and red really show off the black and white pictures
..i wonder if they have printers trays in England?..sandra

Beate said...

Girl, that's gorgeous! Beautiful altered tray.
Happy New Year!
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS!!! We used to go to French Lick all the time when we lived in Indiana! How fun! Cheers! Shannon

Sherrill Graff owner said...

I have my stampin up demo friends making wall art out of printers trays. Thank YOU for the inspiration. You have done a wonderful job.
Sherrill Graff
Late Night stamper