Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I Chair-ish You!

Good morning to you! I have a Crafty Secret's card to share with you! It uses the chair from the Take it Easy set. I stamped the chair on polka dotted designer paper and cut it out. I decided to create a fringe for the bottom of the chair like I remember seeing in my Grandma's house years ago. I also made my very own pillow for this chair with a circle punch, my Scor-Pal, and floss. I popped it up with a foam dimensional circle. The little pup was colored with my Copic Markers and cut out. I popped him up too! The frame was created from the Spellbinder's Label's Thirteen die. I used two of them to create a shadowbox frame for my chair.
I added a bit of ribbon, a tag, and little pearl to my pillow. : )

I have Cortney's parent/teacher conference today. I always love hearing all the good things they have to say about my girl. This school she attends focuses only on the positive instead of telling me all the things she can't do....which I am painfully aware of on a daily basis. This is why her school is such a special place!


Have a great day! Thank you for stopping by!

11 comments:

AmyBN said...

Michele, it was a pleasure to meet you in person this weekend at the scrap retreat! Your works of art are amazing and they really inspired me to start spending more time on the "details"! Such an important lesson... thanks. Congrats on the Design Team!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Michele.

Hugs Riet.xx

Vicki Maloney said...

Another beautiful art piece Michele! I love how you go the extra mile with details that definitely do not go unnoticed! It was nice to meet you this past weekend in Lake Geneva!! (hugs)

Diane Hodrick said...

Love the fringe...what beautiful paper behind your chair...absolutely gorgeous!

Cricut Couple said...

Oh, this is stunning! I love everything about it... especially the little dog! Amazing!

Hrvatica said...

Beautiful card. The details are amazing as usual with your cards!

Robbie said...

Love the "home-y" touches you added: fringe on the chair and that cute little round pillow.

Lillian Child said...

This is SO adorable!!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a wonderful card. The chair reminded my of my Grandma's chair... all it was missing was the floral pattern. TFS

Amy Johnson said...

Fabulous card! I love the frame you created around the image and the ribbon treatment.

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Another amazing card! I love to see your talent with paper!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com