Tuesday, October 30, 2012

An Unusual Coffin....


When you think of Halloween and coffins, I bet you often don't think of mice too....do you? ; ) I thought I'd shake things up a bit....be different and create a cute little box to hold those sweet Halloween treats! You guessed it....with a mouse! Why not? In this gal's crafting world, anything goes! I used Happy Hauntings and my trusty Cricut to create the box and the mouse. I used traditional Halloween colors here, with a heavy dose of glitter.  (Thankfully, the candy will be wrapped!) 
I added a satin bow, rhinestone, some fringy grass....
 ...and a cute sentiment from My Craft Spot.
You can find my box in this month's issue of Cricut Magazine....along with a few other projects I've created!
Tomorrow is Halloween and let me just say....my 5th graders are WELL aware that tomorrow is Halloween!  Holy moly are they excited!  Makes trying to teach a bit challenging, when all they can think about is their costumes, trick or treating etc....
Just wait until you see the teacher's costumes! The students have nothing on us! ; ) Ha Ha!
Have a great day my friends!


8 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Adorable!! Wait until the day after Halloween...they'll be all hopped up on sugar. Lee-Ann :)

Sis Patterson said...

Wonderful project - I love the mouse and her hat! And of course, all of the sparkle!

Jingle said...

This is so stinking cute!

Riet said...

So gorgeous Michele.


Hugs Riet.xx

Migdalia said...

Cute!Cute!Cute!Awesome!

Pat N. said...

Wow, love your coffin candy box! And congratulations on being published. Very cool!

Unknown said...

Super cute! I love the mouse and all the glitter, plus the curled grass is great! Big congrats on getting published!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Super cute!