Friday, April 26, 2013

Vintage Button Jar!

Good morning to you!  I have a Crafty Secrets card to share with you today!  It uses the new digi sewing images.  I love that I can make the images any size I like by adjusting them in Photoshop.  I can print them multiple times.  It makes it easy to create depth on the card by using pieces of the image and popping them up.  Like I did here with my button jar.  The label was colored with a pale pink Copic marker.  It was cut out and the edges were glittered.  It was adhered to the jar with dimensional foam circles. 
I also cut the lid, added glitter and slipped a piece of lace under it before adhering it with dimensional foam circles. I added a bit of ribbon and a couple of Forget Me Nots.
All of the papers used here are from Crafty Secrets.  My final finishing touches were a bit of hand sewing to create a frame around my jar, seam binding, and a button.
It is hard for me to believe that Cortney is going to be 18 next week.  And Kyle?  Well he is a 16 year old with his brand new driver's permit.  I took him driving for the first time yesterday, and I had a moment.  A moment where his entire childhood flashed before my eyes.  How did these two babies become teenagers so quickly?
Last night Kyle read a book to Cortney at her request.  I had to snap a few shots of them.  These moments are fleeting.
He is working and driving.  He doesn't normally have "time" for his sister.  But last night he carved out a few moments for her.
She told him she loved him. 
Twice. 
 Just to make sure he heard her the first time.  
And believe it or not......he told her he loved her too.
*sigh*
I love them so........

10 comments:

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

LOVE it! We don't say that enough! Thanks for sharing! Blessings, Sharon

Debby said...

JUST PRECIOUS

Margie Higuchi said...

OK..that was a teary moment...love that interaction b/ sibs! Thank you for letting us in and sharing that moment = LOVE!

Cute card - great pop of pink and glitter! Have a wonderful weekend, my friend xo

Anonymous said...

This post made me tear up also. So sweet. You have raised your son to be caring, and to know when it is time to "carve" time out of his schedule. He will make a wonderful husband and father one day.

Dorlene Durham said...

I love hearing about your family. They are such a blessing! And your card is amazing LOL

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, as always. But even more is the way your kids connected. Treasured moments.

~Tammy~ said...

What a sweet moment captured! Such blessings!

Your card is beautiful! Love the sparkle on the jar lid. Gorgeous work as always!

JennyKozar said...

your card is amazing but more importantly I love the pictures of the kids! Oh be still my heart!!

Chark said...

don't you love when they get along? How sweet are these pics? Congrats to your son on driving and on being a good brother!

Darlene said...

OMG your babies are growing up SO FAST! How touching that they DO take those moments to say I Love You! You must be SO PROUD!
Anyways ... about your 'other' creation ... fantastic! LOVE that you've added buttons to the jar ... thanks for the info and for sharing! God Love Ya!