Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A Little Spring Coming Your Way!

I had every intention of posting some of Cort's cheerleading photos from Saturday.....but it's not gonna happen!  I need a day that is longer than 24 hours to get everything I need done, finished! 
*sigh* 
Maybe tomorrow.......
So in the mean time I have a Crafty Secret's card to share with you today. It uses a digital image from the Flower Garden set. It is a slight deviation from my regular style I think.  No glitter. No ribbon. Just this brightly colored flower, a bit of embossing, a few paint splatters, and a scattering of sequins. 
The image was printed on glossy craft paper and embossed in black.  I colored it with Tim Holtz Distress Markers.  I fussy cut the flower and adhered it with dimensional foam circles. 
By the way, does anyone know what kind of flower this is?
I am a total brown thumb and know very little about flowers!
Thanks for stopping by!
Stay warm!

4 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

It's a beautiful flower...that's what kind of flower it is! Love the embossing on glossy paper...so clever. I think this is either a dahlia or a zinnia. So clean and simple...and the sequins are the perfect touch. Beautiful, Michele!

Emma P said...

I really like your style normally, but this is gorgeous! You really out did yourself here! I love it!
No idea on the flower in afraid, maybe a thissle?

Emma P said...

Craftinem.blogspot.co.uk

Sheila in Cyprus said...

WOW! I love this, the flower looks amazing.

Kathy is correct, it is a dahlia, however in the UK it is called a 'Pompom Dahlia'. It is smaller than other types of dahlias.

Off to have another browse at your blog.

Love Sheila x