Friday, February 28, 2014

Better Late Than Never....

I am looking forward to this weekend because I have Monday off.  And the best part? I am the only one who has Monday off! That means Mama's gonna craft the day away without interruption! ;)

So hopefully, I can take the time to get caught up on some design team stuff and maybe make a card just for the heck of it!  Like this little guy.....It was an old stamp I had in my stash from Inkadinkado.   He was never inked....until now. I think he is just too cute!  I love the expression he has on his face.
He was colored with Copic markers.  I colored his body twice and hand cut it out.  I popped him up with dimensional foam circles.  I gave his whole body a coating of  glossy accents. He was double matted to bring out the orange and pink a bit. I tied coordinating string and a couple of pink clear Dew Drops to the center of the bow. 
I used a Spellbinders die for the background and added a couple more pink Dew Drops and puffy paint.Since the image was so bright, I wanted the card base to be a bit neutral, so I chose kraft. 
We are hunkering down in Chicago once again for another round of snow.  The weatherman keep changing their minds, but the last I heard we are supposed to get around 6-7 inches. 
Super.
Spring is around the corner, right?

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Super cute! I just love your coloring!

Elizabeth *^..^* said...

Love how you colored this! So dang cute! I have the same set and used it with some leftover scraps from other card kits. I always love seeing how others use stamps. Thanks for sharing.