Sunday, February 23, 2014

Wanna Smile?

I wasn't going to post this weekend, but I am sitting with my cup of coffee with a quiet house. One thing led to another...and voila! A post!;) 
I've got an exciting day of grocery shopping, laundry, and cleaning planned. My younger self would have been mortified to know this is how I spend my weekends! ;)
So let's get to my card. 
I used a stamp set from Crafty Secrets, which I just found out is currently sold out.  Sandy is working on a digital version of it and should come out soon!  
I colored the image with Copic markers. I hand cut the pup out and added crystal effects to make him a bit more dimensional.  
I made a little pillow for my chair using felt and light blue string.  I added a bit of velvet ribbon, string, and a pretty clear/green glass pearl. 
I always look at this gal and think she has the most contagious laugh.  I can't help but smile from ear to ear......
Have a wonderful Sunday my friends! Time for Cinderella to complete her chores! ;)

5 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

Too cute and you thought of everything even a pillow. Love this pic of Cortney!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I love the whole card, but the pillow just takes the cake. You are amazing. Also, the ribbon treatment is super classy! xoxo

Audrey Pettit said...

Seriously! What a fun card! Love, love that happy little scene you created. And wow, what a stunning photo of your daughter!

Pam said...

I came across an interesting article on Upworthy.com today. At N.Y. Fashion week a designer used a disabled model in her show. If you can't find the article the name of the model is Danielle Sheypuk. Perhaps you could google her to find the article.
I thought it encouraging in your quest to have Cort model!

Unknown said...

Simply adorable. Love the extra touches of comfort.