Thursday, July 24, 2014

Caring Thoughts...

Good morning!  
I am up on the Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L blog today with a card I made for a special girl.  She is going through an extremely tough time. I wanted to send her something to let her know there are people who care about her. 
I bought this leaf stencil awhile back and decided to use it for today's card. I used various Papertrey Inks on cream card stock to created the background.  I tied shimmery green ribbon vertically to accentuate the green. I then mounted it on the card using Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L white foam tape. 
I wanted to dress up my ribbon so I used Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Leaves.  Since they have a sticky side, I just dumped yellow embossing powder directly on top.  I inked the edges a bit in orange for a bit of depth. I added coordinating string, ribbon, and a couple of posies using Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Dodz™
The sentiment is from SRM Stickers. 

Thank you all so much for your kind comments and e-mails regarding Monday's post. It means a lot to me.  We all need to feel like we are heard, like we are understood and not alone in this crazy world. 
Having you makes me feel like I have my very own virtual support group. 
I am thankful. 
Have a wonderful day!


3 comments:

Ohhh Snap said...

Stunning card! I'm sure it will help the recipient immensely.

Debby said...

I missed your last post. I went back and read it along with the photographers story.
Courtney is so beautiful ..Love that smile. I am sure you do have those sad moments. I share some with my son. Since he is adopted it is different. All your dreams of what life would have been like is sad. I know that must be hard. You are doing such a good job with Courtney.

Theresa said...

Beautiful card.