Sunday, August 3, 2014

A Little Bit About Me and Some Amazing Artists to Check Out!



I was nominated by Kathy Jones from Inspired to Stamp. (You can see her post HERE) I was asked to answer some questions and nominate 3 other bloggers that inspire me.  I thought this would be a great way to share the love a bit! 

1. What am I working on? I am usually a card maker, but at the moment I am working on a few altered Christmas projects. I know it seems early, but it will sneak up on us soon enough! ;)

2. How does my work differ from others of its genre?  I tend to have a shabby chic style.  I also like to focus on the little details of a project.  I think the details are what make it special.   

3. Why do I write/create what I do?   Honestly, crafting started as a sort of therapy for me.  When my daughter Cortney was born, I was an emotional wreck.  Scrapbooking became my savior.  It was an escape and it allowed me to focus on the positive things my daughter was accomplishing.  Eventually this  hobby evolved into cards and altered projects. 

4. How does your writing/creating process work?  If I am doing a design team assignment then I generally start with the stamp and then pull papers I think will work with it.  If it is an image that needs to be colored, I will pull my Copics or Spectrum Noir colors that match.  Sometimes I just browse my Silhouette library and just select a cute cut that might work with the stamps I have.  I am a bit of a tornado in my craft room.  I often change my mind, and pull out a zillion things just to find the one thing that works. 

I am going to share 3 crafters who inspire me and have influenced my crafting.  And besides being talented they are also some of the sweetest ladies I know!


Inking Pink: Shantaie Fowler
About Shantaie

I have known Shantaie for quite a few years now.  I have had the pleasure of working with her on several design teams.  The Cricut Circle, Northridge Publishing, and currently Crafty Secrets.  She has a shabby style with a fun whimsical touch! She is also my glitter partner in crime! I think she loves glitter as much as I do! She often makes projects that are really "out of the box" and I love that! Her talent inspires me every day!  She is a person I consider a friend too.  She has a great heart, an easy laugh, and a generous spirit.  Be sure to check out her blog, Inking Pink.  

Hand to Paper: Regina Easter
Regina Easter
Regina is a gal that oozes talent!  I used to stalk follow her on the Cutting Cafe.(Her store for printable stamps and cutting files)  After following her site for quite awhile I was asked to be on the Cutting Cafe team.  I loved working with her! She has definitely influenced my love for shaped cards and the unadulterated love of ribbon! ;) I love the little dots she uses to define her edges too.  She is also a generous, kind person that I am so blessed to know!   To be inspired by her talent, be sure to check out her blog, Hand to Paper. 

Kathy by Design: Kathy Clement
Kathy by Design
I have been lucky enough to work with Kathy as she is our Crafty Secret's Design Team leader.  She has a beautiful vintage style to her projects.  She is the queen of layers and does it in such a beautiful way!  I love her attention to details. (A girl after my own heart!)  She is such a kind person and has the ability to cheer you on from the side lines. She is such a talented artist, so be sure to check out her blog, Kathy by Design.  

A big thank you to Kathy who nominated me as one of her 3 inspiring people, what a great excuse to share people I think are awesome in my blogworld!  
Be sure to check back a bit later for the start of JustRite's August release and Crafty Secret's Design team challenge and linky party! It's going to be a busy, busy Monday!!!

3 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Thanks so much for giving me this opportunity, Michele! You know I am a huge fan of your work. This will be a really fun exercise! xo

Kathy Jones said...

Michele, this is such a great post and I'll have to check out your nominees! It was so interesting to read a little more about you!! Love your style lady!!

Regina Easter said...

Hey lady you know I love ya lots. You are one of the best crafters out there. Big hugs