Tuesday, October 7, 2014

A Card Using Scraps! (Take Two!)

Those of you that follow my blog, know that I tend to hoard my scraps and "leftover" pieces that go into a "reject" pile.  Sometimes when I look at my ever growing pile, I feel inspired and see new combinations that I may not have normally seen. 
I am not sure if I love this card, or hate it.  
But that is what creating is about. 
Playing.
Experimenting.
Thinking outside of your comfort zone.
So with these leftovers, I created what could easily be a wedding, anniversary, or feminine birthday card.  The sentiment is from SRM STickers.  I cut up a pink striped straw to add a bit of interest to my watercolored flower.  I added glitter, string, epoxy dots, and a blue frame using a Spellbinder's die. 
There are a lot of things going on with this card.  It is as far away from a CAS card as you can get! LOL! 
I am sure with the amount of stuff I have laying all over my desk, that another "reject" card will be created in the near future.  ;)
I am off to a field trip today with my 5th graders to learn about the French fur trade. 
Wish me luck! (and warmth!)

No comments: