Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Chevrons and Flowers!

Good morning! As promised, I have my chevron card that I mentioned yesterday.  I seem to be a day late and dollar short often these days.

 I used the new chevron background stamp by JustRite.  I stamped it in a turquoise blue and cut it out.  I popped it up with Scrapbook Adhesives white foam tape.  
I stamped the flowers from the Applique Flowers set by JustRite, with Versamark, and heat embossed it in white. I used my Peerless watercolors to add color. I cut out each flower and leaf and used foam tape to stack them. I stamped the chevrons one more time on a back panel in a sunny orange color. I added coordinating pearls as a final touch.  
Here are the two sets I used. 
Appliqué Flowers & Vintage Sentiment Tags
**** Update*** on Cortney.  Last week she had her Botox injections to the adductors and hamstrings.  The purpose was to relax those muscles and make it easier  for her to walk. (Not independently, but short distances with assistance)  For this to happen she also has to wear knee immobilizers for six weeks.  Unfortunately, this has caused her skin to break down, blisters to form, and her knees to become swollen and inflammed.  I took her back to the doctor yesterday and they took blood work to make sure she doesn't have an infection.
This has been so hard on her and as her mom it breaks my heart.
I miss my happy, smiley girl......

Please pray that she begins to heal and that her spirits improve...
Thank you so much for stopping today!


4 comments:

TracyM #6773 said...

FABULOUS flowers and BEAUTIFUL chevron burlap - LOVE your card Michele!!!
Sending GET WELL wishes to Cortney too!!!

Teresa Doyle said...

Oh Michele, I will pray for your beautiful girl!

Sandra said...

Love your beautiful card. Your use of Versamark ink and adding color to the new Chevron Burlap stamp works well.

Sandra said...

Forgot to add I will be praying for your daughter.